Sunday 10 October 2010

Country Bumpkin



Nature is something that we all take for granted. Well not today. Walking from my lovely home village to one of the neighbouring ones, I soaked in every ounce of it. The fresh clean air, the autumn leaves, the horses in the fields, the indentations of the bark, the different flowers and most of all the never-ending views across the fields, every so often interrupted by the church steeples. Every village has one. Isn't that nice.

Along my way I found so many things of interest, including an abandoned "Push it!" Dance Cd (the only piece of litter for 6 miles), a rusty ring-pull and my favourite, a heart shaped walnut. Simply magical. It made me realise that my heart is here, and always will be here.


I will always be a country bumpkin!

1 comment:

  1. i recognize this path. take me back to brussel sprouts and chestnuts :)

    ReplyDelete