Sunday 31 October 2010

The World is Your Canvas


http://arrestedmotion.com/tag/os-gemeos/

Just stumbled across this great website, with a multitude of of videos documenting current trends in street art. I've always had a fascination with it, but have steered clear since my art teacher frowned upon my Grafitti project in year 10. Didn't go down at all well! I think it's almost superior to other forms of art though....because it's there, in your face, for the world to see on their way to work. It comes from the heart and contributes to the landscape of our environment. I'm not talking about silly kids who tag their name in spray paint in the small hours of the morning, but rather the ARTISTS who want their work to be seen and ensure that it is seen by exhibiting in the streets, rather than hung up on Bourgeois Gallery walls.

It is the work of the people, for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment