Saturday 18 December 2010

Moving Images


Two of my favourite things in life are drawing and riding the train. This is what happens when the two collide. I decided to put pen to paper for a continuous 20 minutes, capturing all the wonderful sights from the other side of the window. Although slightly jumbled, the landscape is fairly cohesive and to me, reads the story of my journey.

I also always take photos on trains. There is something accidentally special about capturing to moving image thorough the panes of glass. This time it was of an old Power Station, which appeared unusually graceful among the barren green fields.

I am going to combine the photography and illustrations, to create a series of images as a visual dialogue of journeys. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment