Saturday 19 September 2015

Finally finished...




I started this painting for my friend's 30th birthday gift months ago, but just hadn't quite got around to finishing it. But with some time off work over the summer holidays, I was able to dedicate some quality time to my studio and get this to the standard I wanted it to be. It was a based on a collage I did as part of schools project last year and I had always loved the geometric shapes and soft colours of it. I found the hardest part was getting the clean lines between the different sections - I had to redo them so many times! The tree and sea sections were also very time consuming, but I was thrilled with the result in the end. I feel like it is a good reflection of my practice - process, collaboration, collage, shape, colour, texture and of course, paint. My friend loved it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment