Saturday 19 September 2015

Musical Mini-Makers at MK Gallery

 


 
 
Last weekend I had the pleasure of delivering another Mini-Makers session for MK Gallery and I think it was one of the best sessions I have ever done. The theme was based around the exhibition currently on display in the Project Space, 'Platform', showcasing work by four local graduates. This musical themed Mini-Makers was linked to the work of Alex Wickenden, whose work depicts a fictional band, Vinny and the Verdudes. I thought it would be a great idea to make musical instruments which the kids could not only make, but play with afterwards. We made guitars, microphones and shakers, which they all just loved posing with afterwards and pretending they themselves were rock or pop stars. We also had the large projection screen on and I encouraged the kids to give me musical requests of songs they wanted to listen to and watch, which they loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment