Tuesday 10 May 2011

Some New Merges



I always draw. All of the time. On the bus, on the train, in my bedroom, in the garden etc. Consequently I have built up a large collection of simple line sketches, mostly figurative and have been wanting to develop them for a while, adding colour, texture and general interest. Yesterday I managed to steal a few hours and began experimenting with overlaying the drawings onto some of my paintings. The results were very pleasing and I am particularly fond of the static black and white illustration, on top of all the mad experimental colour behind. With The Lovers Seat, it is like the couple are suspended in their own perfect moment, while the hectic moving world goes on around them.

This is simply phase one in the experiment. I would like to continue developing these pieces, stitching into them and possibly adding some embelishments, such as beads and buttons. There is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment