Friday 6 May 2011

Turret Love


This is a little housewarming card I put together for my friend Beth, who has just moved in with her boyfriend Phil, in their lovely little house in London, with it's very own turret!

For a while now I have been collecting dried up pieces of paint, peeled from my pallet and I suppose ready for the bin. I however try my best to salvage everything and make something new from it. The colours which accidentally swirl together, make incredible shapes and patterns - particularly on the underside - and I can often make images from them in my head; I suppose it's a bit like looking up at the sky and making pictures from the cloud formations. I initially did not know what to put on the front of a "Happy New Home" card (apart from the obvious picture of a house), but when looking through my scraps of paint, my brain saw a duvet and a little head poking out of the top of it. That was it! With a few additions of paint and illustration over the top, others can now hopefully see what I saw so clearly.

Look harder, and you will always find beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment