Friday 24 September 2010

Glove Love





Embroidery project No.1. Gloves, Gauntlets and Mittens. Do what you will.

I played with the idea of crimainals wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints, thus concealing their identity. What if a pair of gloves, the fingers in particular, did the complete opposite and exposed someone. I chose my best friend to be the culprit and created five little trinkets of information about her, including words, phots and ephemeral paper, all sewn together. I then snipped the ends off a pair of rubber gloves, popped the information in and made little finger ice-cubes.

Each finger is like a finger print, revealing something about her.

Photographed at a crime scene.

I've also included my favourites from the other work on display; Gloves for Lovers, Many Hands make for Light Work and This Little Piggy.....

1 comment: