Thursday 30 September 2010

The Streets are our Canvas




This week I have come accross many inspiring an object....a crisp packet lying on the pavement, a broken window pain, an old torn poster. All abandoned, riddled with their own unique history and full to the brim with potential.

On an Emroidery trip today to the Liverpool Biennial, I noticed some rubbish caught in the metal grid of a window. I imagined how wonderful it would be to turn the grid into my cloth, and the rubbish into my thread, weaving it in and out, to create a recycled piece of public artwork for all to see as they walked past. The people would stop and take note. I think.

My favourite arches have already been transformed into someones' canvas. Grafitti in the right place, is just as special as a painting in the right gallery.

The film set on my doorstep is a constant source of inspiration, ever changing and magically transporting the people of Manchester to another era.

No comments:

Post a Comment