Wednesday 22 September 2010

My Manchester, My New York






What could possibly be more inspirational than to live on the film set of a 1940's New York street scene? This is happening to me. Yes it's actually happening. The street I live on has been utterly transformed by the magical hands of Captain America's set - designers.

Abandoned buildings have been turned into old Cigar shops, Wedding boutiques, Antiques stores and Pharmacy's, with their windows full to the brim of beautiful nostalgic items and awnings flapping in the Manchester wind. The roads are flooded with stunning Vintage cars. The smell of the upholstery, oh god, I nearly fainted with the wonder of it. Wartime posters cover the billboards, which before advertised cheesy drunken club nights for the new freshers in the city.

Such a romantic time.

They start filming today.

I don't care too much for spotting the actors, but I could wonder up and down the street of American history for hours, kicking the New York dust from the pavements, up into the Manchester air.

No comments:

Post a Comment